Sunday, December 21, 2014

My week before Christmas


It was a busy week for me, all by myself.  Makes me sad that my partner in mischief has gone.  She had sewn many bibs and wheel chair bags and lap quilts too, which I delivered on Wednesday.  The right people were available this time, and many thanks and friendliness was there.  She did ask for more bibs and sent a sample home of the style they like.  She loved the colorful fabrics we had used and the pockets.  I should have had  pictures, but didn’t.  Last day of school for a while too.  Poor Nat was grieving because he couldn’t go to the AR party.  He is probably my biggest challenge here.
I do have pictures of my work this week.  The branch moved over to the Presbyterian Church yesterday, for at least a year, while the addition to our building is completed.  Downstairs where the Primary will be is also the local food bank/pantry.  The Branch Presidency thought it best for us to protect those food items from small hands, so requested curtains be made and hung.  I worked in the office/bunkhouse kitchen.  Our apartment is just too small for making curtains.  We even found an ironing board in the intern house!


             curtains for church 004[4]curtains for church 003


We put up the rods and hung curtains yesterday, but going early today to add more curtains.  We needed more yards in each curtain so sewed some more last night to add to these.  The Primary President is out of town, so I am nervous about how Primary will function today.  One counselor is new and the other one lives far away and doesn’t come a lot.


curtains for church 013curtains for church 012

1 comment:

  1. The curtains look good. I'm excited to hear how church was today.

    ReplyDelete