Sunday, December 21, 2014

The week before Christmas

 

We are still here.  Keith has finally finished with the grading and the Cat people picked up the graders on Friday.  Keith was better at loading the machines than the driver they sent out to pick them up.  It was taking the driver hours to get the graders on the trailer, with no wheels hanging off, so he needed Keith’s help bad.  I’m sure having no steering wheel can be a challenge.

curtains for church 010

Keith wrote this up for Kurtis, so I will share it too. 

“I have many hours to think and commune with Heavenly Father in my grader.  Sometimes I think He has a great sense of humor.  As I pass some way deep washouts, the thought comes to me that this rain in Texas is “holy water”. It washes great big “holes” all over.

These are some of my musings.  I thought I would total up my experiences and expenses for the work I have done in three months time”:

160,000 acres covered with 900 plus miles of road

Costs I incurred:

$4,000 worth of ruined tires

$450 flat tire service calls

$3,500 fuel

$300 new blade

$350 hydraulic oil

$.50 two gaskets for hydraulic hose

$3,000 new steering joy stick

1000 hours of wear and tear on grader

$950 2 mirrors, 2 headlights knocked off by the brush

Total: $12,550.50

Maybe I saved the ranch $.50?

No comments:

Post a Comment