Thursday, October 9, 2014

Elder Nielson’s Testimony of Prayer


I wish to acknowledge the hand of the Lord that has been with me constantly. It is really is satisfying. I feel as if I am buoyed up, I don’t tire as easily. I am not bored being in the grader 12 hours a day. Yesterday I came upon a large washout in the road I was grading. It had formed a cliff six feet high. There seemed to be room to make a new road next to the washout. I tried to ascend the hill, but a large boulder caused me to spin out. I looked for another way up and finally found a rather graded incline up the hill a few hundred yards away. I was able to make at up between the trees and rocks. Once on top I returned to the washout hoping to go down the narrow way and push the big boulders in front of me. I went over the edge and got high centered on the blade of the grader and there I was, miles from headquarters, alone. I prayed and asked Heavenly Father how to get out. I was impressed to maneuver the blade back and forth, and sideways finally making a grove that let me lift the blade ever so much, then the tires were on the ground and I pulled out. I worked about 2 hours making a new road around the washout and got home just as it was getting dark. I sure didn’t want to be out in the thousands and unfamiliar acres trying to find my way home. Elder Keith Nielson grader 2
This is at the bottom of the washout the next day.
washout
The washout.




1 comment: