Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spring??

 

work pickup 009 work pickup 002

I wish I had pictures of the really bad roads.  We just cannot explain how bad they can get.  The pickup and trailer are the grubber’s transportation and fuel/service trailer.  Keith tries to have the fuel delivery truck fill the tank rather than having to fill it himself out of the big tank here at headquarters.  It takes forever.  The tank will last four days.

We had our last day at school today.  It was a little sad.  The kids are so great.  And, of course, so are the teachers.  One teacher bought us lunch.  We took the kids fruit treats, but need to do something for the teachers. 

The best news though is Kameron’s mission call to Alaska!  Couldn’t be more excited for him.  Kurtis said that is will be a long time before they would see each other again, which it will be.  We are trying to figure out our schedule for leaving here, going to Arizona, then home and then to the temple with Kameron on April 11th, which is Kam’s birthday.  What a great day to be endowed!

We did have a quick visit from Washington friends, Vard and Verdene Jenks.  They were on the way to their daughter’s near Houston and took the time to stop.  I met them at the gate and we went in the 7L where Keith and the other missionaries have been grubbing.  It was fun, except the rains started and we slipped and slid to get back out to the highway.  We appreciated their stopping on their long trip to see us. Wish I had pictures.

There is no way I can resist attaching this picture, agreed?  This is Rett, Mijken’s four year old.  Do you think she still made cookies with Rett’s “dirt”?

10370897_10206027468546423_3824304734661488017_n

1 comment:

  1. Thats cool that Jenks stopped in to see you! Wish it was raining here!

    ReplyDelete