I had an epiphany during SS class Sunday and thought I must write it down. Now, two days later, I can hardly remember. How sad.
At school, we work in the fourth grade first thing in the morning. I am usually assigned to work with Nate. Nate lives with his uncle, aunt and grandmother because his dad is dead and his mother is lost. He doesn’t want to be with her anyway, because she is mean. The list of problems that Nate has is long. Besides his home life, he can’t read and he slips off to “la la land” often when we are trying to read and do his school work. He will refuse to continue with the work whenever he feels inclined. Each week he has a new wo, for instance; he threatened to kill someone, he had two different antiperspirants in his coat pockets and was sniffing them often, his pencil made holes in the restroom ceiling and he said someone must have stolen it. He is always on school probation.
The last time I helped Nate, I felt utterly discouraged and ready to give up on him. The discussion about him on the trip back to the ranch was; “He will never make anything of his life and be in prison soon, so what’s the use”.
Well, in SS we were studying Isaiah and I can’t remember what it was exactly that jogged my feelings about Nate, but something did and also the thought came that what if the Lord feels the same about me, and says; “She will never make it and so what’s the use”. I surely don’t want Him to give up on me, so tonight, at least, I won’t give up on Nate. See you in the morning, Nate.
Keith did some cold weather preparations here and with the sisters we visit in town. He is ready to be finished on the “blade”, but the end is not insight. It rained (inch and a half) so there was no grading or blading for a few days, so he worked on a well house refurbishing, which included cement, door, etc. Another missionary couple came from Idaho. They are doing maintenance. She works out with him all day long.
It was the Primary program Sunday. The music was very impressive. I don’t think that the kids knew that it would be a good idea to memorize their parts. Only one boy had his memorized. Maybe they were all too scared to remember, but all the adults loved it, and it brought many tears.
Really good thought Mom. I hope Heavenly Father blesses you with lots of patients with him! Sounds like he needs lots of love.
ReplyDelete